在加拿大租屋 – Renting an apartment in Canada

By CISM HK Staff

・2022-08-09

同學到加拿大時,其中一項必要事項便是尋找適合的住屋。今天,我們將會為同學提供一些租屋所需要的英語句子及詞彙,希望可以幫助英文需要幫忙的同學順利租到理想的住屋!

和房東描述對該單位有興趣:

  • My name is… I saw your listing for an apartment on Orange Street to rent and I’m very interested.
    • 我的名字是……我對你在在橘子街出租單位的廣告很感興趣
  • I would like to schedule a viewing for next Friday afternoon.
    • 我想安排在下週五下午看看該單位

尋找中介幫忙租屋:

  •  I’d like to rent either a studio or a one-bed room apartment near the metro.
    • 我想在地鐵附近租一間單間公寓或一間單人房公寓
  • Is it located in the suburbs? Well, even though that sounds like a steal, I really want something downtown.
    • 房子在郊區?嗯……雖然這房子聽起來特別划算,我還是想租個在市區的房子

當你參觀房子時…

  • Does the rent include the costs for water and heating?
    • 租金包括水費和暖氣費嗎?
  • Am I allowed to redecorate the rooms?
    • 我可以重新裝修房子嗎?
  • How many other rooms are left in the building?
    • 大樓裡還有多少房間可以入住?
  • Is there any additional charge for extra parking space?
    • 額外停車位是否需要額外收費?
  • What’s the pet policy here? Are pets allowed?
    • 這單位的寵物政策是什麼? 允許養寵物嗎?
  • How long is the rental lease for?
    • 租期是多久?

簽署租約合同時:

  • Can I have a month-to-month lease? I only want to rent the apartment for five months.
    • 我可以按月租嗎?我只想租五個月
  • What if I want to move out before the lease terminates? What’s the early termination fee?
    • 如果我想在租約終止前搬出怎麼辦?提前終止費是多少?
  • Can I sublease?
    • 我可以轉租嗎?
  • When would I be able to move in?
    • 我什麼時候可以搬進來呢?
  • We required the first and last month’s rent and a security deposit upfront.
    • 我們需要預付第一個月和最後一個月的租金和押金
  • Rent is due by the 10th of the month. If your rent comes in late, there will be a late charge will be added.
    • 租金需於每月10號繳交。如果你遲交租金,將需要付遲交費用

Other Vocabulary 其他詞彙

  • 租戶 Tenants
  • 轉租 Subletting
  • 續租 Renew your lease
  • 半家具 Semi-furnished
  • 最近裝修過 Recently Renovated
  • 寬敞的單位 Spacious Apartment
  • 自助洗衣店 Laundromat
  • 保證金/ 押金 Security deposit
  • 欠款/ 租金 Arrears
  • 擔保人/共同簽署人 Guarantor / Co-Signer

最後祝各位同學順利找到合適及理想的的住屋!

Intellectual Property Rights Disclaimer

The information on this site is for information purposes only. Canada International Student Magazine Inc (CISM) assumes no liability or responsibility for any inaccurate, delayed, or incomplete information, nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. 

The information contained about each individual, event, or organization has been provided by such individual, event organizers or organization, or third parties without verification by us.

Any form of reproduction of any content on this website without the written permission of the publisher is strictly prohibited. 

CISM is operated by Canada International Student Magazine Inc. a trademarked company; All rights reserved.