香港版

【IELTS寫作範例】- Task1(Pie Chart)

By CISM HK Staff

・2022-08-29

The charts give information about employment in the UK in 1998 and 2012.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Both of these charts contain information on the employment of men and women in the UK. The left pie chart demonstrates the employment of those in 1988, while the right side of the pie chart displays the employment of those working in 2012. Let’s begin by comparing both charts by their respective sections.

The blue on both pie charts represents men who work full time. Both display the highest percentage on each pie chart, one being 53%, while the other being 47%, but the pie chart on the left, representing 1988 is higher, showing more men worked full time. 

The orange section of the pie chart demonstrates women working full time, the left chart having 4,484 women, while the right side shows 7,696 women working. This pie chart shows that more women worked full time in 2012, the percentage being 26%, while 19% of women worked full time in 1988.

The yellow section represents women who worked part-time. The left chart demonstrates there 22% of women working part-time during 1988, while the right side of the chart showed 20% of women working part-time, meaning more women in 1988 commonly worked part-time.

Finally, the last section of this pie chart is supposed to represent men working part-time. Both pie chart sections for these results are considered the smallest, suggesting it was very uncommon for men to work part-time. As percentages go, men in 1988 worked 6% part-time in the UK, while men in 2012 worked 7%. Both still being small numbers, there is a larger sum of men working part-time in 2012. 

Word Count: 261

如有任何加拿大有關讀書、生活、簽證及移民問題

白金贊助商

最新文章

最新影片

Intellectual Property Rights Disclaimer

The information on this site is for information purposes only. Canada International Student Magazine Inc (CISM) assumes no liability or responsibility for any inaccurate, delayed, or incomplete information, nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. 

The information contained about each individual, event, or organization has been provided by such individual, event organizers or organization, or third parties without verification by us.

Any form of reproduction of any content on this website without the written permission of the publisher is strictly prohibited. 

CISM is operated by Canada International Student Magazine Inc. a trademarked company; All rights reserved.